B. Braun Invests in Trendlines Medical Singapore

Editor’s note: News of the investment in Trendlines Medical Singapore by B. Braun appeared in The Business Times, The Tech Portal, and Yahoo! Finance.

BBraun logo
Trendlines (SGX: 42T, OTCQX: TRNLY) and B. Braun Melsungen AG (B. Braun) announced that multinational healthcare company B. Braun and Trendlines executed a definitive investment and cooperation agreement relative to Trendlines Medical Singapore Pte. Ltd. (Trendlines Medical Singapore), a wholly owned subsidiary of Trendlines.

Trendlines Medical Singapore logoUnder the agreement, B. Braun will be a minority shareholder in Trendlines Medical Singapore holding 20.74%, with Trendlines being the majority shareholder holding the remaining 79.26%. Anna Maria Braun, President of B. Braun Asia Pacific and a member of the B. Braun management board, and Professor Dr. Boris Hofmann, Director of Business Development for B. Braun’s Aesculap Division, are joining the Trendlines Medical Singapore board of directors. Todd Dollinger, Chairman and CEO of Trendlines, is the chairman of Trendlines Medical Singapore and Steve Rhodes, Chairman and CEO of Trendlines, is chairman of Trendlines Medical Singapore’s investment committee.

Anna Maria Braun notes, “Our investment in Trendlines Medical Singapore signifies our commitment to making a significant contribution to medical advancements by promoting the development of new medical products and technologies that meet the challenges in today’s complex health care landscape and allow us to share expertise.”

Eric Loh, CEO of Trendlines Medical Singapore, adds, “The agreement with B. Braun gives further impetus to the launch of Trendlines Medical Singapore. Not just will B. Braun’s investment contribute to the financial strength of the incubator, but B. Braun’s expertise in the medical device field provides an additional layer of know-how for our startup companies, including technology development, support in regulatory, medical and scientific affairs, and marketing and sales.
Commenting on the completion of the Definitive Agreement with B. Braun, Mr. D. Todd Dollinger, Chairman and CEO of Trendlines, said, “This agreement with B. Braun further advances our strategic relationship with B. Braun, a relationship now nearly five years old. B. Braun was the cornerstone investor in our initial public offering and has invested in several of our portfolio companies. We welcome B. Braun’s investment in Trendlines Medical Singapore as another opportunity to work closely together to develop growth opportunities for innovative medical device technologies in Singapore and the greater AsiaPacific region.”

Leave a Reply

  • Welcome to Trendlines

    We invest in, incubate, and support early-stage, high-promise medical and agricultural technology companies in Israel, a global leader in start-up ingenuity. Read More >

  • Categories

  • Subscribe to Our Newsletter

  • Stay in Touch

    icon-facebook Like us on Facebook

    icon-Twitter Follow us on Twitter

    icon-Linkedin Connect with us on Linkedin

    YouTube-color See us on YouTube

    flipboard  Read us on Flipboard

    google+_icon Join us on Google+

Font Resize